divine has a network of more than 70,000 rural farmers who are provided with training and skill development opportunities on regular basis. Food security in terms of good quality, nutritional and unadulterated staples for these members is a very important to ensure necessary nutrition to every rural household, this is the purpose served by divine.
Some of Important Statistics :
- divine operates in 8 district associations of Gujarat, also expanded recently to 1 in Rajasthan.
- We procure spices, pulses, wheat, rice, cotton, castor and over 32 products from farmers.
- FSSAI, Agmark, ISO 22000:2005 certified company.
- Providing Market Linkages to more than 70,000 small and marginal farmers.
- Servicing Food Security Kits to more than 1,00,000 rural households.
- More than 100 divinebens work in divine processing centers for livelihood.
- Sales field force of 3000 divineben’s in the villages of Gujarat and parts of Rajasthan.
- Average turnover for RMTCL is over 10 cr, of which 7.5 cr is agro produce and 3 cr from commodities.
Whom does divine work with?
divine is currently working with more than 70,000 marginal farmers, over 3000 rural sisters as divineben, farm labours, salt pan workers, small weavers, local artisans.
The majority profile of our farmer members is :
- Small and marginal producers.
- Still trapped in the clutches of moneylenders.
- Selling produce to local village mandi’s.
- Lack facilities to transport the produce from farm to Bazaar.
- Heavily dependent upon the natural resources, like rain water cultivation.
- Absence of modern technologies and infrastructure in the rural areas.
- Low level of awareness to the modern hybrid seeds, proper use of fertilizers and pesticides.
- Lack of awareness regarding the government schemes and facilities.
- Lack of access to better storage and other related infrastructure.